Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Making Apple Sauce

 With our apple picking spoils, I decided to make some apple sauce. Here we have about a dozen smallish honey crisp apples.  I washed up the apples, peeled, cored and diced.


 I added about 2 cups of water and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. I did not add sugar, I didn't think it needed any. Obviously, this is personal preference.

Cook  over medium-low heat for 30 minutes or until the apples start breaking down when you stir them.  Once they were cooked down I used an immersion blender to puree the apples. This can also be achieved using a food processor or blender.

Caution: When blending warm things in a standard blender, don't overload and use a towel to hold the lid down.
 
Served with some grass-fed beef meatloaf, and roasted delicata squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment