Saturday, October 8, 2011

Goat Cheese Class

 Being the new kid on the block always stinks, even more so when you don't have a job to at least meet new people. So I found an interesting place to take some classes at : Garden for the Environment. Last week Adam and I took their free composting class and it was pretty informative. 
This weekend I went ventured out on my own and took a cheese making class. The instructor, Nicole Easterday was really funny and incredibly informative. We made some pretty yummy goat cheese and she had some that she made the other day with herbs in it. Yummy, but we were in for another great treat. Jalapeno Jam made by INNA jam. I came home raving about this amazing jam I had, and then figured I had to make some! 
We were both pretty tired and didn't want to do much this weekend, so we walked peanut to the store and picked up some ingredients to make our own Jalapeno Jam. 

We couldn't get our hands on any crack, which I insist is the secret ingredient in the INNA jam (SO TASTY!!!). We opted to make a Calico Jalapeno Jam, which uses Green Jalapenos and mixed colored bell peppers.  I blended up the peppers and used 2 cups less sugar than the recipe called for.  
Careful not to spill any on your hot burner, it'll fill your kitchen with a lovely burnt sugar smell followed by a pepper heat that hits you.
Here are our Pepper Jam Bounty, I really love the little Jars for Jams, it makes it more manageable, but you use what you have. :)  I've got a small container setting up, I'll let you know how it turns out.



No comments:

Post a Comment