Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thanksgiving Prep

This year my in-laws are in the middle of a kitchen remodel, so I took the reins and offered to host Thanksgiving. Today I spent the majority of the day planning our menu and creating a shopping list.

Here is what we plan on serving for Thanksgiving 2011:
Appetizers:
Parmesan Rosemary Crackers
Cheese Platter with Jalapeno Jelly
Chopped Liver 

Salad:
Roast Beet, Chimichurri Steak Salad

The Star:
Maple Cider Brine
Maple Bacon Turkey

Sides:
Herbed Chestnut, Cranberry, Apple Stuffing
Potato au gratin
Sweet Potato Casserole
Bacon, Onion Balsamic Kale
Garlic Broccoli
Small Pork Pie (Mostly for me, since I'll be the only Canadian attending)
Jellied Cranberry Sauce

Dessert:
Apple Pie ala mode
Pumpkin Pie*

Mighty Ambitious for such a small kitchen, but I'm hoping to make a lot a few days in advance and make sure I'm prepped for the day before and day of.

Peanut spent the day outside on the deck enjoying the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment