Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ding Dong Ditch?

The door bell rang this afternoon, which is really uncommon at our currently location. The only thing that might tell people some one lives in the rear of the front house is a small white door bell. (The doorbell was only installed after I spent 2 hours locked out of the house, while Adam slept. Peanut on the other side of the gate did not approve.) So the doorbell rang and I weathered the elements to answer it, but no one was there! Well, I thought if they're not going to answer, "Who's there?". I'm not opening that door! I walked back inside to an angry puppy, who wanted nothing but to patrol the area to make sure we weren't "under attack". Then it dawned on me it was Thursday... Once a month on Thursday we get a CSA box! Woot! Our first box.
This month spoils: red grapes, pomegranates, apples, radishes, carrots, collard greens, spaghetti squash, lettuce, dill and sweet potatoes.

I'm really excited to figure out some recipes, but it's a small sign of normality for me. While we lived in Santa Barbara we got a CSA box twice a month and enjoyed coming up with menus together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment